Monday, December 1, 2008

It is a Topiary Kind of Thing


This is the latest thing I am obsessing about. As I posted earlier, I am doing a bunch of topiary ACEO's. I have always loved topiaries and now putting this iridescent gold behind them I am really loving it! As you can see from the scan, if you look straight on, it just looks like a kind of a bluey grey. But when you tilt the artwork it shines gold. There are a bunch more coming that I will post, maybe later today or tomorrow and I have a bunch in the pencil sketch stage right now. The really difficult thing is getting a good photo of the gold part shining. It usually just washes out so you can't tell what it is. Then when I finally got a good shot of it shimmering, the rest of the picture is way too dark! If anyone has any good tips on how to shoot reflective serfaces like this I would be very interested. It is painted with acrylics (Golden Brand of course) and Micron pen for the outline. The dimensions are 2.5 x 3.5 of course.

No comments: