Sunday, December 16, 2007

Etsy Shop Banner


This is the banner for my Etsy.com shop. This was just the sketch for the idea but when I scanned it I kind of liked it as is, so I am going to use the sketch. I want to put my name in the opening but haven't figured out how to do that yet. ( I am not a calligrapher by any stretch of the imagination!) I will try and play around with Photoshop today and see if I can figure out how to add lettering to a scanned piece of art.

I don't have any artwork up at the shop yet because I don't have a printer to print prints with! I bought an Epson Stylus Photo R2400 in September after doing a bunch of research and deciding that it would be the best machine for me. I was so excited to get it, however when I set it up I couldn't get it to feed paper! I tried everything, reading the instruction book cover to cover, trouble shooting on the computer, and finally I called the 1-800 number. After spending over an hour on the phone trying one thing after another the tech guy decided it was not something we could fix over the phone. He said they would ship me a new one!! and when I got it I needed to ship the old one back to them. .. .. .. Well, that was a couple of months ago.. .. .. I have called them twice since then to see where my printer was.. .. .. .. the last phone call was yesterday... ... ... ... the conclusion was that I needed to call a different number on Monday when their offices were open and they would be able to figure out why the printer hadn't been shipped yet... .... or if it had, where it was... ... ... ... sigh. So much for the Christmas season sales! I guess there is always next year. So, that is the reason there is no artwork up at my Etsy shop. I don't want to post anything until I am able to actually fulfill the orders. The scans are ready and waiting to be made into prints... just need a printer. I don't think this is a reflection on the Epson company by the way, I am sure it is just a glitch in the usually smooth running system. I am just getting a little frustrated. I guess I could look at it as giving me more time to make more art to sell.

No comments: