Friday, September 14, 2007

Another Door in the Series


I am not too good about posting regularly but I will work on it. Here is another of my doors. I did a series of 5 in gouache and one in colored pencil. Actually, I started in colored pencil and decided it wasn't the right medium and started over in gouache. That is one thing that I am becoming good at... starting over. I used to do everything in my power not to have to start anything over. I would crochet and leave in the mistakes and in my artwork I would try to hide the mistakes or just accept a mediocre work. Not any more. I don't know why but I am not so intimidated by starting over. I guess maybe it is because I enjoy the process so much now and am not so focused on having a finished product. Maybe it is just age, who knows but I am glad for it. I am not a perfectionist by any stretch of the imagination but I just don't mind doing things over. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Paula Pertile said...

I love these doors Colleen. You have a good series going here! Think licensing...

I like that you're enjoying the process, but also that you don't mind starting over. I'm a terrible perfectionist about my work, and am trying to get better at NOT starting over. A lot of the time if I just keep going I can work it out. Or make lemonade out if somehow.